Sunday, March 18, 2012

Another War on Ugandans

When I set up this blog in response to the Kony 2012 video and phenomenon, my first intention was to provide access to many different points of view on the video and movement itself. My second intention was to provide access to much more information on the Lords Resistance Army. A week into the fracas, we have done a pretty decent job on the first goal and have made a modest start on the second. Much more remains to be read and posted on the LRA, but more recent news brings me to a third goal: to provide some information related to the attacks on gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people in Uganda that have been supported by "Christian" groups in the United States.

In the Bad Coffee House post on my blog Environmental Geography, I point to several recent news stories about a "ministry" in Springfield, Massachusetts that is being sued for its role in promoting the killing of GLBT people in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment